The Friends of Berrien County Trails is a Michigan registered 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on trail development. The organization was formerly The Friends of Harbor Country Trails, but in December of 2019 we changed our name and expanded our reach county-wide to become The Friends of Berrien County Trails.
The mission of Friends of Berrien County Trails is to:
- Support the construction and maintenance of trails (pedestrian, bicycle and waterway) within Berrien County and connecting to adjacent counties
- Encourage trail use
- Educate (increase awareness and understanding of trails, how they benefit our communities and what is needed to develop/expand the trails network)
- Advocate (promote the value of trails with municipalities, schools, user groups and community groups)
- Identify & Develop Trails - (assist in creating specific routes and solicit support from relevant municipalities, assist with obtaining right-of-way and initiating construction)
- Secure Funding - (establish multiple funding streams to provide impactful financing for trails development and maintenance)
Our Core Values:
- Improve Safety
- Connect Communities
- Improve Health & Wellness
- Support Economic Development
- Build World Class Trails
The Friends of Berrien County Trails is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.